Friday, August 14, 2009

Where to start?

After considering the landscape and out of curiosity, I have decided to blog. The thoughts on this blog are my own and will reflect my eclectic experiences and interests. Trained as an engineer, I decided that I should study international affairs and then business administration as a grad student. Really it all made sense at the time. My recent professional efforts have placed me in an academic position interacting with defense and security professionals from across the Americas. It is from this vantage point I will comment.

My current academic interests focus on homeland defense and security issues. I believe that there is an under-appreciation of the risks of the threats to the cyber and critical infrastructure in the region.

In a virtual world, your border is wherever someone can plug into the net.

No comments:

Post a Comment